Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red planet was looking extra hairy this morning when the lights came on :D
uCCJ4C3.jpg

Might need a trim ;). That slimers looks like it's about to become apart of your rock work too.

Haha yeah it's quite hairy for an acro. The slimer is on a plug and can't get to the rock I'm pretty sure. But maybe it will find a way lol

I need to just keep my hands out of my tank lol. Stylo had a stressful night as I sawed the frag plug down and then tried to epoxy it to a rock and it kept falling so I gave up. Then my skimmer went crazy and started spewing micro bubbles. Madness just insanity tonight

Haha me too, used the last of it today. With plugs though I've always had best luck with putty and glue. Little ball of putty and glue on each side, plug goes on one and twist the other into the rock.

Cool sounds good. I'm gonna pick up some more stuff tomorrow so it will get moved then. Btw it seems fine. All the polyps are already back out lol

I doubt it will take off that fast, but I have no doubt that 2-3 months from now you'll have some killer growth shots for it (and some others too I'm sure) ;)

SPS growth is hard to predict unless you are familiar with that exact coral. I've had two of the same coral and one grow faster than the other, probably due to a flow or lighting difference...though minimal at best.
A good point is how the starlight acro in my tank actually grows faster than my pocilloporas.
Though even with that said, nothing is faster than a birds nest when it comes to SPS. The green tip in my tank is just massive, to the point I wish it wasn't there anymore.

SPS growth is hard to predict unless you are familiar with that exact coral. I've had two of the same coral and one grow faster than the other, probably due to a flow or lighting difference...though minimal at best.
A good point is how the starlight acro in my tank actually grows faster than my pocilloporas.
Though even with that said, nothing is faster than a birds nest when it comes to SPS. The green tip in my tank is just massive, to the point I wish it wasn't there anymore.

I agree. Sps growth rates depend on so many factors and trying to guesstimate how fast a coral will grow is pointless. However birdsnest grows like a weed haha

Yeah my Ponapes, green and pink all grow like weeds! My red planet and green slimer grow pretty quickly as well!

A couple questions. First, does anybody fee their sps? If so what? I'm contemplating broadcast feeding them when I feed the fish. I've also been thinking about removing the koralia 425 and just running the mp10. Could the koralia be hindering the flow from the mp10?

I spot feed all my corals once a week, usually the day before my water change. I use reef roids and really like it.

I can't really say anything about the powerheads though. I wouldn't think the koralia would have any effect on the vortechs power though.

Thanks Oscar, maybe I'll start feeding them. The koralia just takes up room and I feel I don't need it but idk.

Back
Top Bottom