Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick update. Orbit didn't ok the price drop from my lfs to match Dr fostersmith unless they bought at least 10 units, but no big deal I ordered them from sight anyway and with savings I am probally going to order the hydor koralia smart wave 2 power head combo for $109 with 2 of the 440's

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Question: my tank is starting to use calcium/alk and mag at a pretty steady rate. Faster than I can keep up with doing wc. I've also noticed a decrease in growth with my sps. I picked up b-ionic 2 part and tech magnesium from kent to dose. Im using this website as a guide:http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

Does that seem ok? I'm gonna monitor for a few more days before my wc and then check right after my wc and dose from there.

Have you figured out how fast your levels are dropping? The following is just my $.02, I would start testing daily for a few weeks and chart the levels and see if you can see how fast it's going down before I started.

Yeah I've been on it somewhat but not 100%. I'll check tonight, an tomorrow and then my wc is on Sunday. I'll be gone Saturday but I'll test all next week too. I hadn't checked anything in a while lol. Just checked everything and I was quite surprised how low my numbers were...
Alk was down to 7 from 9
Calcium is about 340 (test kit sucks, ordered a salifert so don't know how accurate that is)
Mag was all the way down to 1200 from 1400. Edit:1300 not 1200.

Kenya tree taking over? Try one of these little beasties...
H5o1ezx.jpg

Lfs found one of these beasties munching their Kenya tree. Pretty cool little nudi

Now there's a business plan, nudis that eat pest corals. Could definitely make some big bucks.

Every little bit of gsp I had became part of my decorator crabs "collage" now I don't have any lol

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom