Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! I try not to let my photo dumps disappoint :p. But yeah growth has been quite steady and stuff is really starting to fill out the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Grrr these tufts of gha are driving me insane!!! I have no clue why it is there. I'm assuming my dang live rock is leaching phosphates...

No it's definitely gha. It's not horrible, just enough that it's really annoying lol

Unfortunately it is not...nothing's ever that easy for me haha

i know that feeling
thats a everyday thing for me now , no longer have use of my left arm
now the smallest things is a task

Targeted hydrogen peroxide works. I used it for a month and there was no rise in nitrates, nitrites or ammonia or any other ill effects people will claim will occur. And it kills GHA very well.
I used 3 ml per 10 gal total water volume or about 40 ml in my 110+sump. I even carefully used it around my Montipora and killed algae there. I had other issues and the algae came back but hopefully a new robust CUC will take care of that.
Peroxide works immediately and you'll see bubbles for on the algae. Use it when the lights are on as that helps break the peroxide down into water quickly. I just stringed it into the algae and the next day it was white.

I can vouch for the peroxide as well. We use it at work occasionally and it does wonders.

Thanks ingy, I'll definitely give it a go.
So I iust make up a solution and use a syringe to hit the algae?

You shouldn't need to make it up. Unless you have access to 24% H2O2, in which case that will need to be reduced to 3-4%. But the normal household hydrogen peroxide is already at 3%. Hair product H2O2 is at 6% and needs to mixed 50:50 with RODI. Then just suck up the right amount (4-6 ml for your 20 gal system volume) into a syringe right out of the bottle (for the 3%) and squirt it on the algae. Simple simple simple. If you use 6% then suck up 2-3 ml and another 2-3 ml RODI water then squirt that on the algae

Awesome that makes sense. Could this possibly kill gsp too if I injected it right into the mat?

its so funny everyone is trying to kill off gsp and i've been busting my butt to get it to grow on a rock and up the back wall lol , it just wont grow in my tank

Awesome that makes sense. Could this possibly kill gsp too if I injected it right into the mat?

I don't think so. I tried to kill off some Xenia by dipping it right in 3% H2O2 but it seemed to like the bath. All my LPS and shrooms seemed to like it.

Ugh accidentally broke a bit of my Hawkins while trying to remove this ugly acro...

Back
Top Bottom