Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a a sweet coral!!! I kinda want one lol. But in other news happy New Years from me and my gf!!
wTA5Ogb.jpg

(Messy pic :p lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So this tanks kinda a mess right now. Algae is running amuck and I just cannot beat it. The corals are doing awesome but gha is beating me. My skimmer is sucking big time as well which isn't helping. I also bleached the crud out of my big green bn...:(. I think a big issue is my sandbed. Just leaching crap into the rocks.

Good news though. Coral growth is amazing. Red planet is showing really nice steady growth and my other acros are doing well too.

So this tanks kinda a mess right now. Algae is running amuck and I just cannot beat it. The corals are doing awesome but gha is beating me. My skimmer is sucking big time as well which isn't helping. I also bleached the crud out of my big green bn...:(. I think a big issue is my sandbed. Just leaching crap into the rocks.

Good news though. Coral growth is amazing. Red planet is showing really nice steady growth and my other acros are doing well too.

Sorry to hear that :( but I'm glad your corals are growing well, despite the algae. Do you know what's causing it? Just recurrent nutrient issues?

And congrats on graduation!

It's annoying because I'm doing everything I can to remove nutrients and it is not getting any better. Just really annoying

I hear you buddy. You're taking to mr pump fails on reactor and skimmer. Just awful. Cyano and algae. Some coral are ok. Others aren't doing well. Just do what you can, it'll turn out for the better for you.

I hear you buddy. You're taking to mr pump fails on reactor and skimmer. Just awful. Cyano and algae. Some coral are ok. Others aren't doing well. Just do what you can, it'll turn out for the better for you.

Yeah man just sucks with how much time we put into it!! Well hopefully the upgrade will be soonish and I can switch out the sand an really clean all the rocks :D!!

Forget the time, I've put a ton of money into this setup. I've personally raised Ecotech stock prices I think, Lol. Next is to scrap the radions hanging from the ceiling with the new hanging units they are selling.
Any before/afters of your red planet? I've tried to keep one twice and failed.

You and Ziggy both, what's the deal with the GHA in Maryland!? I'm just messing man. I wish you best of luck with the GHA battle. I think its one of the worst algaes to battle in a reef tank. I've had my battle with it. What worked for me during my GHA battle was reducing the time the lights where on by an hour of two, staying on top of phosphates by using GFO, bigger water changes, not feeding as much food, along with some very frustrating manual removal. Best of luck to you Bribo.

You know, we haven't brought up using Kent to raise alk to kill that stuff off.

I did notice a difference in growth rate of the GHA in my tank when I raised my Alk from 7.6 to the mid 9.5. It essentially has stopped growing. It hasn't died off completely but the slower growth has helped me manage better. I haven't researched the relationship but it was the only thing I changed over the last few months.

Back
Top Bottom