Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, just wondering what skimmer are you using? And also what do you usually run your lights at? Just got my kessil 160 but don't know where to program it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm using an eshopps psk75h but I hate it. It never wants to skim properly. I run my lights at 100% and quite blue but they probably don't need to be at 100%.

For the record, when I got my replacement pump for my psk it skims much better. Best skimmer I've had now because of it.

Yours is in sump though right? I feel like the hob models suck in comparison. Mine pulls a light tea, nothing else and only after I mess with it for a while

Yes, in sump. Before the pump died all I ever got was a light tea as well. This new one, though I still think it is working itself in some, is skimming less but much darker. Been thinking about reading up on vodka dosing and such to go along with that...ended up reading about that zeovit stuff last night instead.

I dose vinegar and see no real difference. I'm actually weening of of it because I think I'm doing more harm than good with it but I've just had a bad experience all around with it. Zeovit is supposed to be awesome

Here's a cool top down shot I just took!
2mGzjvj.jpg

I dose vinegar and see no real difference. I'm actually weening of of it because I think I'm doing more harm than good with it but I've just had a bad experience all around with it. Zeovit is supposed to be awesome

What I thought was really neat was how it is basically using an upside down canister filter...but with the ability to clean the media off like you would clean your golf balls off. More reactor types should be like that. My media is extremely clogged with gunk at the end of 30 days.

Looks great Bribo. That birds nest isvreally spreading huh!? About time for that upgrade. :brows:

Man that slimer is getting big, taking in a cool growth pattern too

Looks great Bribo. That birds nest isvreally spreading huh!? About time for that upgrade. :brows:

Yeah the slimer is growing super well and that bn is a beast. It takes up the whole middle of my tank, kinda annoying lol but whatever. Thanks guys!

Hey Bribo just wondering if you have ever heard of or seen a blue, strawberry shortcake acro? That next piece in really wanting to get is mostly blue but my guy is calling it a strawberry shortcake. I looked through google and they appear to be greenish with pink polyps. So is my guy just confused? I really like that acro, it just doesn't appear to be a strawberry shortcake.

Strawberry shortcake is Acropora microclades. It is usually the reddish green color. I doubt what he has is shortcake then

Yea I figured he was wrong unless the lighting changed it somehow. It is nice though and I want it!

So should I try a black cap basslet with my royal gramma?????????

Back
Top Bottom