Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tang is doing fantastic! Grazes all day long with the blenny. He's getting quite bold as well and are some mysis today!
My red planet has stopped receding and color is slowly coming back on the base. Diatoms are in full bloom though :/

Alk is around 9.3, phosphate is up there at 0.2. That's a huge improvement though. Ammo, and nitrites are all at 0. Trates are around 1-2 ppm. My skimmer is pulling out some nasty goo. Chaeto is growing well as well. Hoping the tank will be back to sps heaven before macna in 3 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a feeling you'll have it there in no time. Glad the tangs doing well for ya, even if he thinks he's a blenny :p

It'll get back there buddy. I'm in quite a battle and there have been a handful of coral losses...but a work in progress that will have two maxima and a derasa added into the mix here real directly. Fingers crossed on these beauties.

It'll get back there buddy. I'm in quite a battle and there have been a handful of coral losses...but a work in progress that will have two maxima and a derasa added into the mix here real directly. Fingers crossed on these beauties.

I know man. I'm just glad I didn't lose the red planet. Hopefully you have good luck with those clams! Hoping I can snag a maxima or 3 at macna :D.

Snagged a pic of my blenny, clown and tang together (not the best but hey they're fast)
dQ2AnHo.jpg

Starting a list of corals I'll be looking for at macna. Feel free to suggest some too :D
I'm looking for
-ORA chips
-Bubblegum millepora
-Gold torch
-Rastas
-Nuke Green palys
-Any hornets
-Oregon tort
-Any unique Milles
-Purple staghorn
-Reverse sunset montipora
-Red digitata
-Clams!

You need to get a pearlberry. It is on my 'eventually list'.
As for clams, you need to do something great when you go in that direction. Here it is, the one thing I've never seen for sale, green maxima clam.

You need to get a pearlberry. It is on my 'eventually list'.
As for clams, you need to do something great when you go in that direction. Here it is, the one thing I've never seen for sale, green maxima clam.

I actually have a pearlberry I got from Jason fox that browned out a while ago. It has turned back to being green and is slowly getting back nice coloration but it's gonna be a process. A green maxima would be sweet I'll definitely keep an eye out.
Sean, I'm not a huge chalice fan but that's a classic and a beauty. I'll keep my eyes open as I have some nice room down low in the tank

Bribo search acro al here in Aus if you want a rare clam he is the man to see he can ship to America won't be cheap tho

Bribo search acro al here in Aus if you want a rare clam he is the man to see he can ship to America won't be cheap tho

I think shipping would be a little to much for my budget man!

I can no longer have clams , between my red coris wrasse and puffer they won't allow it,
I'll just have to wait and enjoy yours ,

I can no longer have clams , between my red coris wrasse and puffer they won't allow it,
I'll just have to wait and enjoy yours ,

Yeah I could see how clams wouldn't last :I...

Also, I'm not to pleased with this tank atm. I know the sps are recovering but I need to start doing more. I want to see good growth and color like I had a long time ago. I've gotta work on keeping alk stable better. I also can't figure out why my acans are always unhappy.

I have similar in my tank, but with LPS like acans in general. I LOVE brain corals, but nothing ever does great. I'm thinking about adding a dosing system onto the setup at some point and seeing if getting all things into a certain level at all times, especially alk, will do the trick. It's either that or my nutrients.

Yeah I'm looking into getting an ATO, GFO reactor and dosing pumps but I don't have the funds right now. I may order the GFO reactor for next week but I'm not sure. Gotta keep up on alk and calcium testing. I just want my sps to return to their former glory and growth rates! I see some color back on my mind trick and red planet but my sunset Mille is still poopy brown. :(

Back
Top Bottom