Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on what you add I think a kole in a 40b is fine. IMHO the footprint of a 40b is better than a standard 55 and with your scape it's got lots of swimming room and hiding places. Wish I was right though :D, I do love those flashers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Depending on what you add I think a kole in a 40b is fine. IMHO the footprint of a 40b is better than a standard 55 and with your scape it's got lots of swimming room and hiding places. Wish I was right though :D, I do love those flashers

Haha that wrasse would be out of the tank overnight. No top :(. I wish I could get one though.

I can see why red thinks a kole would work in a 40b , My hamlet is about the size of a full grown kole and seems content . they also only require 30g , but he is also a lot more relaxed and not as active , The foot print of a 40b would work for the fish size but I would have to rethink it as how active a tang can be , Just looking at my scopas tang and he is only 2 inches , with the rounds he does in my 90g confirms that a 40 is cutting it close ,

Early on I think it would be OK. The tomini I have in my 55 continues to be in good shape and look great. Very active fish with an active fear of anyone who approaches the tank. The key, besides swimming room, is the fresh algae to eat to help lower aggression and calm the nerves.

I got lots of film algae going on for him :). The scape is super open as well for him. I think he'll be ok for a while and like I said I definitely have a plan for him if I'm not in a bigger tank by the time he needs one

I read they really like the film algae but I'll definitely pick up some nori tomorrow from pacificeastaquaculture. He is literally impossible to get a pic of lol. But he is being a lot less shy today. Hopefully he keeps getting bolder.

Snagged a super bright green/orange frogspawn from pacificeast today!

It just went in and is still all closed...lol

Here's the kole
XyOKJNY.jpg

What an interesting color on that guy. You end up with all the best stuff.

Thanks hank. Pacific east had some gorgeous clams too but I'm gonna wait a little while before snagging one of them. Almost came home with some bright red goniopora too but I passed in the end

Yeah, saltwaterfish.com had a 'free maxima clam' with so much of a purchase...I really wanted to see if buying a clam would hit that limit so I could get two...but I just need to stop and manage things.

Yeah I'll probably just wait til macna and grab one then. It's kinda funny my kole tang thinks he is a blenny. Him and my flame tail have become best friends just chomping algae all day off the rocks

Yeah, you should see my tomini and coral beauty swimming together. Tie that in with my clowns abandoning the RBTA for the green long tentacle on the other side of the tank and it really is a motley crew.

Yeah it's funny how fish can interact like that

Back
Top Bottom