Bridgelux LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got one of the 120w chinese fixtures that use 3w bridgelux. Im quite happy with it so far! I have it over a 34g cube and am afraid to turn it up much past 60% power.

Thanks, im ordering 4 units.

Any suggestions on spectrum? I came up with these
+16x Bridgelux Cool White LEDs run at 3W each (20 000k)
+12x Bridgelux Warm White LEDs run at 3W each (7500k)
-----1. DIMMER-----
+12x Bridgelux Blue LEDs run at 3W each (460nm)
+2x Bridgelux Red LEDs run at 3W each
+2x Bridgelux UV LEDs run at 3W each
+2x Bridgelux Green LEDs run at 3W each
+9x Bridgelux Royal Blue LEDs run at 3W each (420nm)
-----2 DIMMER-----

Should i make it more blue?

The reds and greens can be quite overpowering. IMO, if you can, get rid of one of each on each fixture and replace with a blue or UV or neutral white (depending on the look you are going for)... Or get rid of all of them.

I changed it around a bit:

120 Degree LEDs
1-LED UNIT:
+13x Bridgelux Blue LEDs run at 3W each (460nm)
+11x Bridgelux Royal Blue LEDs run at 3W each (420nm)
+4x Bridgelux Violet LEDs run at 3W each (415)nm
-----1. DIMMER-----

+12x Bridgelux Cool White LEDs run at 3W each (20 000k)
+9xBridgelux Warm White LEDs run at 3W each (7500k)
+2x Bridgelux Deep Red LEDs run at 3W each
+2x Bridgelux UV LEDs run at 3W each (400nm)
+2x Bridgelux Green LEDs run at 3W each
-----2 DIMMER-----

$95 a unit new!! Thats a deal

That is a massive deal! Nice.

The deep reds are much less overpowering compared to the regular reds. Good choice.

The reds and greens are for aesthetic purposes. The whites are full spectrum.

It looks like you will be getting way below a 10000k look with that setup (both channels at 100%). Personally I would still cut it down to only one red and one green per fixture (especially as you are getting four fixtures) and toss in a few blues. I would also go with 90 degree optics on the blues and whites and 120s on the red and green. JMO though.

So maybe cut one red and one green, add blue or white? Dont you think theres enough blues?

It really all depends on how you want it to look. Do you prefer the more blue look or the more white/yellow look. Of course, you can control the look with dimming. My LED fixture is about 10000k at 100% on both channels but it is only at that level for a few hours a day at non-peak viewing hours. The rest of the time it is leaning towards more blue for POP.

120 Degree LEDs Black 1-LED UNIT: +13x Bridgelux Blue LEDs run at 3W each (460nm) +12x Bridgelux Royal Blue LEDs run at 3W each (420nm) +3x Bridgelux Violet LEDs run at 3W each (415)nm -----1. DIMMER----- +14x Bridgelux Cool White LEDs run at 3W each (20 000k) +9xBridgelux Warm White LEDs run at 3W each (7500k) +1x Bridgelux Deep Red LEDs run at 3W each +1x Bridgelux Green LEDs run at 3W each +2x Bridgelux UV LEDs run at 3W each (400nm) -----2 DIMMER-----

Sorry thats messy

120 Degree LEDs
Black 1-LED UNIT:

+13x Bridgelux Blue LEDs run at 3W each (460nm)
+12x Bridgelux Royal Blue LEDs run at 3W each (420nm)
+3x Bridgelux Violet LEDs run at 3W each (415)nm
-----1. DIMMER-----

+14x Bridgelux Cool White LEDs run at 3W each (20 000k)
+9xBridgelux Warm White LEDs run at 3W each (7500k)
+1x Bridgelux Deep Red LEDs run at 3W each
+1x Bridgelux Green LEDs run at 3W each
+2x Bridgelux UV LEDs run at 3W each (400nm)
-----2 DIMMER-----

Back
Top Bottom