Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
What can be done with an overabundance of brine shrimp all over LR? Are they a problem?

They come out at night and are all over. They must know when the fish aren't into eating.

Should I ignore them or get something to take care of them? Any help is appreciated.

Doesn't sound like brine shrimp, my guess would either be mysis shrimp or copopods or amphipods. Don't worry about them, they are beneficial to your tank ;)

I could start a whole business with them. Are they really ok? It's just creepy seeing them crawling over ALL my live rock and snails when the lights are out.

How can I tell what they are? You're probably right, not brine.

Brine shrimp will stay in the water column and unless you have abnormal fish, will be eaten in just about no time at all. Also, they don't come with your live rock like pods do, you must add them to your system.
Pods will inhabit cracks and crevices and will scavenge rock, sand, and coral skeletons looking for their meals. They are an important part of your ecosystem.

don't worry man that is a good sign that your tank is doing well. if you really wanted to get rid of some you could get one of a couple different kinds of fish that would gladly eat those for you. :p

Back
Top Bottom