Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

143gadgets

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently feeding my fish frozen mysis shrimp. the brand is Pristine Entergetics. Sorry about the spelling. I also want to give them a variety of food. If i give them brine shrimp, how much should i put in the tank?

Is it forzen or alive? I would say if its frozen experement with different amounts until they consume it all with no left overs...therefore start small and work your way up. If its a live however I'm not sure I've nevber used it.

The brine shrimp has no nutritional value, more like junk food (candy). So I would only give it to them as a treat. As Seriousdude said "experiment" and don't allow a lot of waste or you will find yourself doing a lot more water changes!
Good Luck,
Jason

What kind of fish do you have? The Mysis Shrimp are good but you should use a more vitamin enriched food like Formula one and up depending on your fish.
I feed my Clowns, Blu Damsel and Royal Gramma flake food in the morning (Formula One and Prime Reef) and in the evening I feed them cut up frozen Formula One and Frozen Brine or Mysis Shrimp for desert. My Mandrin seems to like the shrimp too. :lol:
Good luck,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom