Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is feeding live brine shrimp to my fish not a good idea? My lion really likes them, but if I should limit feeding them what is a good food to feed him that he will also like ? Thanks

they dont have much nutritional value but are cheap for live food. feed only as a treat

Not bad for him, just don't count on any nutrition from it. Has absolutely nothing in. I believe I've heard folks say they let the shrimp swim in and ingest vitamins and garlic before they're fed to fish.

I've tended to stay away from live brine fearing I could introduce parasites that way. Maybe that's just my little thing.

Look at some of the frozen vitamin enhanced foods. Formula two and such.

austinsdad said:
I believe I've heard folks say they let the shrimp swim in and ingest vitamins and garlic before they're fed to fish.

Brine shrimp are the fish equivalent of junk food. Gut-loading them first adds nutrition - let them swim in a mix of Selcon and/or suspended particles of algae or plankton for a while, and they'll eat and their nutritional value will be enhanced.

Back
Top Bottom