bristle worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think photos are blocked until you get to a retain number of posts. Are you using the phone app? If so, touch on the response you want to reply to. The next screen will show box in upper R Hand corner. Click that and hit "reply to thread." then if you're not still blocked from posting pictures, a small plus sign will appear next to the "send" button in upper right. If its there, touch it and click add photo from camera. Download the pic, then touch the downloaded pic and choose "insert inline". Then send.

Oh don't put your fingers near it! They can break them if that's what it is. Get a large glass jar and sink it into the sand. Put some food in it over night and hopefully it will climb into it. Once it's in they usually can't get back out. Screen up the top and back to the LFS. Good luck

I see you only started your tank 6-7 weeks ago, if so then that would explain all the deaths. There really shouldn't be anything in your set up yet.

Holygral said:
I see you only started your tank 6-7 weeks ago, if so then that would explain all the deaths. There really shouldn't be anything in your set up yet.

Well thats not a very helpful assumption, given different circumstances a tank can be ready in 5 minutes or 5 weeks.

I think the mantis sort of hh is a likely culpret. I would also be concerned with something poisoning the water, such as glass cleaner or a scented candle too close to the tank..

Holygral, the tank may be new, but she has had the water tested, so it's not likely to be ammonia poisoning. Plus, the pattern of deaths doesn't fit. Some dead that should be hardy enough to cycle with, and some still alive that should drop dead from new tank syndrome. Obviously, I'd feel more confident if I could check the tank myself, but I'm thinking she has a mantis.
BTW, my reef tank cycled in a week.

Back
Top Bottom