bristle worm barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshuawilliamson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got (I guess you would call it stuck) by a large bristle worm in my tank while moving rock and my hand is covered in barbs when I tried pulling them out they just got shorter is there anyway to get them out or just get over it?

Ouch! You might try putting super glue on them and when dry pull the glue off along with the bristles. Not sure what else to do besides buying disposable gloves next time your hands are in the tank. :)

I think I heard vinegar dissolves them, but you should put your hand in hot water for a while. Also, the shortening are the barbs going deeper in your skin lol

I think the vinegar is used just to neutralize the poison (the ph of poison is basic and the ph of vinegar is acidic).

I think the vinegar is used just to neutralize the poison (the ph of poison is basic and the ph of vinegar is acidic).
no its not,it actually dissolves them. vinegar is an acid,its too weak to harm us but strong enought to get the job done

Ouch i use Elmers glue the white stuff aply and let dry then slowly peel it off

Back
Top Bottom