Originally Posted by Reefer 22
I get ride of them mainly because I hate when I put my hand in the tank for what ever I may be doing and then ZZAAAPPP I get a really bad stinging pain in my finger. The kind I have in my tank just feels like a bee sting but some kinds I've heard can swell your whole hand up. In other cases people don't even feel them it is just like a pinch in some cases. In tank terms they are helpful they are like a tank garbage can. I eradicated them from my tank becuse my kind is pretty painful. It help to run it over hot water if you ever get stung.
I agree with this, leave them be unless you get stung, I have a few in my tank, and if you see one chances are there are five more that you don't see, but I have not got stung by one yet, but I worry about it every time I touch some rock, and if I did get stung I would probably start killing them, but other than that they are part of your clean up crew and do good for your tank by eating all the leftovers and dead/rotting/fish poo that accumulates in your tank.