Bristle worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmonson

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a bristle worm problem does anyone know the best way to get rid of them

Rmonson said:
I have a bristle worm problem does anyone know the best way to get rid of them

Quite over feeding is the easiest. There are traps and some wrasse eat them, but like anything, it'll only slow down the problem. U stop feeding so much and they will die.

They're harmless and serve a useful purpose. The only time they get out of hand in my experience is when a tank is overfed. Even then they only eat the leftover food instead of allowing it to rot and foul the water. Leave the little guys be.

I read though that when they get big they will eat coral and clams

I read though that when they get big they will eat coral and clams

Opps, sorry I meant Arrow Crab, had one for a long time till the lobster got him, there are youtube vids of them eating bworms, like someone said they are harmless unless you touch one, and they seem to come on in big numbers but then the population seems to fad out. I use to worry about them but now Im sure I have some small ones but I dont see them often

All of the ones that I have seen are at least 5 inches long but when I see them they are still part way in the rock

Ricksreef said:
Even when they get big they don't eat corals.

That is a big bristle!! Don't think I'd want one that big in my tank- but I'd also be too creeped out to remove it myself!!! Lol.

When my bristleworm population starts getting out of control, I drop a couple bumble bee snails in it. They seem to enjoy them until the hermit crabs get jealous of their shells.

Back
Top Bottom