Bristle Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jrod9686

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking of trapping these guys and throwing them in my sump... anybody do this before?

Attachments

• worms.jpg
    worms.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 109
If you have corals, I would be a little cautious because I actually had one crawl up in my goniopora and munch on it

Your goni was probably dying. It tends to die in closed systems. They don't go after healthy corals.

its kinda cool to watch when I feed there are like 4 or 5 of them that squeeze out of holes like fingers

He was dying lol ?
You can't get those suckers to last more than a year or so, unless you literally live for the coral, it was just upsetting because he was still looking pretty while he was slowly dying, and the bristle just made that speed up :(

They're fine to just leave in your system. If you start seeing real big ones just cut back on feeding. They're 100% harmless

He was dying lol ?
You can't get those suckers to last more than a year or so, unless you literally live for the coral, it was just upsetting because he was still looking pretty while he was slowly dying, and the bristle just made that speed up :(

It's a shame as they're a beautiful coral but the worm was just doing his job lol

Back
Top Bottom