Bristle worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

likeaboss2645

Aquarium Advice Activist
I looked in my tank this morning (aquarium lights are off room lights are on) and noticed prob 15 bristle worms the biggest of which was about 2 1/2in I have cut back on my feeding lately because I knew I was feeding my tank too much. What else can I do to get rid of them? I just keep hearing horror story's of 3ft ones that are eating coral and I want to be safe!

90 gal reef

They are fine. Clean all your rocks etc. no horror stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, the 3' ones are not common bristle worms as you have. The common ones don't get larger than earthworms. You can remove them with tweezers, and they do sell bristle worm traps. People have had luck with a piece of food inside some panty hose...but i don't see the point. Folks go out of their way and spend money on critters to eat left overs, and you have them for free.

Ok I see your point! They are red on the ends and black in the middle are those the common ones?

90 gal reef

Free CUC.
Don't touch them and they wont be harmfull. If they get too big, you can manually remove them with pincettes.

Back
Top Bottom