Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

bristleworm eating wrasses

Hi I have a nano which has a number of bristleworm, I've just upgraded this tank and would like to get a wrasse that will predate on them, I personally do not mind the bw too much but my gf HATES them!!
I know there are a few wrasses around that will eat bw, my question is are there some better than others/is there a best at this??
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_gibbo1985
Hi I have a nano which has a number of bristleworm, I've just upgraded this tank and would like to get a wrasse that will predate on them, I personally do not mind the bw too much but my gf HATES them!!
I know there are a few wrasses around that will eat bw, my question is are there some better than others/is there a best at this??
Thanks in advance.
Your best off trapping them and the population will also cut back with less feeding. Usually wrasses if they do eat the bristles will only eat the real small ones. Ive never seen mine go for one more than half his size. You can buy a trap for about 10 bucks. I caught 27 in one night this way. Pretty easy really.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tbh I don't feed a great deal anyway I'm pretty careful with this for water quality, I've read lots of mixed reviews on traps although I'll be getting one to nail down the big guys. I want a wrasse anyway for this new tank but if I can get one that's gonna help me get rid of my little problem too, all the better.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Tbh I don't feed a great deal anyway I'm pretty careful with this for water quality, I've read lots of mixed reviews on traps although I'll be getting one to nail down the big guys. I want a wrasse anyway for this new tank but if I can get one that's gonna help me get rid of my little problem too, all the better.
Try a 6-line, cool fish and bristleworm eater.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's one of the ones I'd been looking at, they are a real cool looking fish, do you know if there are any others?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

get a arrow crab, he will feast on them
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That's one of the ones I'd been looking at, they are a real cool looking fish, do you know if there are any others?
I don't know from experience, but I've been told the 8-line wrasse is better at eating bristles, than the 6. Not as pretty as the six, but I believe it has a slightly larger mouth, allowing it to eat slightly larger bristles.

Tags
bristleworm, eat, eating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« :) | T8 v.s. T5 »