Brittle or Serpent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go with a serpent star. My experience with large brittles is that they have been suspect to more than one fish disappearance.

Kinda what I was thinking, I am more concerned with my peppermint shrimp and Arrow Crab. I would thind a Peppermint would make a nice little snack for a starfish. :p

I have a very large serpent and a very large red brittle, both at least a foot in width. Neither one bothers a thing. It's the green brittles you need to watch out for.
That being said, I do keep mine well fed so maybe I'm not a good model for this question. :wink:

YMMV with starfish, but DEFINITELY stay away from the green brittles as QS pointed out. FWIW, I'd go w/ a small serpent star.

I got a greyish pinkish brittle. Extremely mild. never see the disk. Only arms sticking out from behind the rock. Doesn't bother a soul.

So, get a grey brittle and a serpent?

Serpant for me...... :wink:

Hey Q, you have a star a foot in diameter????? 8O 8O 8O 8O Got to see that!

Hey Q, you have a star a foot in diameter????? Got to see that!
Have to come over about 2AM sometime. Its the only time they are totally out.
I once caught my serpent on the glass in the early AM, looked like a sea monster. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom