Brittle Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a brittle starfish tomorrow. Will it have any problems with what is in my tank? (see my signature....the trochus snails are no longer in the tank.)

no, I don't forsee any problems with the other tanks mates. Provided this is not a green brittlestar, you should be fine.

Yes, stay away from the green brittles, they can be trouble.
You may run into a room problem down the road. My red brittle had grown to about 12" wide.

Is there any special type of food i should have bought for the brittle? or will they just scavenge?

Is there any special type of food i should have bought for the brittle? or will they just scavenge?
They will scavenge, but in a small system I would give it some sinking pellets a couple times a week to keep him happy.
On the subject of stars, are serpent stars reef safe?
Yes

quarryshark said:
Yes, stay away from the green brittles, they can be trouble.

What trouble can the green brittles cause? I have one and need to know what to look out for.

Stephen

I haven't seen it firsthand, but I understand that they can become fish eaters when they grow to a decent size. Just the green ones.

Back
Top Bottom