brittle starfish and goby hide...what's the dealy yo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a brittle starfish that likes to hide under the live rock. He lets his arms stick out a bit but he doesn't come out from under there. Will he become more visible as he becomes more comfortable with his environment?

Same thing with my yellow watchman goby. He sits under this rock on the side of the tank and has been there for the last 4-5 days. Does he change places ever or is he just going to chill under the same rock forever?

Thanks

The brittle stars and Serpent stars are mostly nocturnal and will probably never come out to show himself during the day. If you introduce food into the aquarium, he probably wave his arms around looking to trap it... The Yellow Watchman will soon become personable, come out and watch you... I wouldn't worry too much...

My brittle is the same way... and has been for 3 years... When i first got him he moved around a bit trying to find "his spot" but the rock he's under now... is the same rock he's been under for longer than I can remember... Every now and then i have to watch his rock when i feed the tank just to reassure myself he's still alive! heh

Yep, pretty much how they are... I have a green brittle star an he is about a foot across from tip to tip... Still in the same spot..

do you guys spot feed your brittle stars or do they fend for themselves?

1 piece of shrimp per week... no more and no less... Loves it...

Back
Top Bottom