Broken Claws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corporate America does the harm.i see more damage to the local reefs thru fresh water release than me taken only what I know will survive. I never take any high risk fish. Strong supporter of banning all capture of high mortality fish or the like from anywhere in the world for a buck. Especially Hawaii.

Corporate America does the harm.i see more damage to the local reefs thru fresh water release than me taken only what I know will survive. I never take any high risk fish. Strong supporter of banning all capture of high mortality fish or the like from anywhere in the world for a buck. Especially Hawaii.

Species have gone extinct just because of people who think taking just "one more" won't hurt because there are so many, originally. Corporate America is detrimental in many ways to the health of our reefs, but the mentality that anyone can take whatever they want just because there is enough at one point in time is the mentality that funds the detrimental corporate America. As X says, every little bit helps, or hurts in this case. And if people continue taking little bits, the end result is devastating. We are already seeing the effects of corporate America on the reefs; lets not start seeing the ones from individuals who form a collective force through collection of wildlife.

Right, but my original point is that buying from the LFS or taking it from the ocean yourself ...it's doing the same amount of harm. The ocean WILL run out of livestock eventually.

Right, but my original point is that buying from the LFS or taking it from the ocean yourself ...it's doing the same amount of harm. The ocean WILL run out of livestock eventually.

Agreed. I'm just saying that we are the ones who control our actions, whether we contribute by taking livestock ourselves, or refrain. The LFS will continue doing what they do, but we have a choice to not take livestock.

Back
Top Bottom