Brown Algae growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always used brown algae as a gauge when cycling a tank. It should cover everything mid way into the cycle. Then when it dies off you know your cycle is complete.

I have a 55 gallon set up 2 months. Brown algae covered almost all of my tank until now they have about disappeared. Yours will do the same thing. Limit your photoperiod and feeding if you have fishes.

brown alge

I am in my 4th week of cycling , I have that brown alge all over my sand , Im guessing this is a good thing ? I couldnt stand it though I stirred it around a little so it wouldent look so bad is this alright ?IT was also on the sides of my tank , it scrubbed it off too :? .

I couldnt stand it though I stirred it around a little so it wouldent look so bad is this alright ?

How deep is your sandbed? If it is a DSB, stirring will introduce to much oxygen too quickly, this should be avoided. Once you have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites you migh consider adding a fightin conch or two to maintain the sand bed, depending on whst size tank it is.

IT was also on the sides of my tank , it scrubbed it off too

That's fine and it is a process you will repeat about once a week or so, snails will help keep it in check.

Brown alge

My tank is 180 gal. all I have in it at this time is 3 Damsels , Im planing on this weekend getting a cleanup crew.What is fighting conch ?

Brown alge

My tank is 180 gal. all I have in it at this time is 3 Damsels , Im planing on this weekend getting a cleanup crew.What is fighting conch ?

Back
Top Bottom