Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Brown algae issue

It's also a pain to drive and fill buckets up. You can get a good unit for under $100 on eBay. Much more convenient if you make it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

crister13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Maybe. It depends on your area. There are some LFS or even grocery stores that have ro/di machines that will dispense the water for you. Only draw back is that you don't know when the last time they changed their filters, so you need to keep up with checking the TDS.
The machines around here, so. Cal., all have a digital read out on the front that clearly shows the last time it was serviced/filters changed.
If it goes past the life of the filters, the machine will not dispense any water.
Found that out the hard way and had to drive to another location. LOL
From what I can tell, they are serviced on average every ten days/two weeks.

Can't recall the specific name/brand though

PB_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Dealing with the same thing right now. I started heavily rinsing all frozen food, 10% water changes weekly, increase flow, and running both Phosguard and GFO simultaneously... It is finally subsiding and my sand is looking white again. Be patient, it does take some time...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by AZdogpatch06 View Post
Can I purchase Pre packaged Rodi water?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Very expensive hobby, especially when you want things done right. I learned the hard way on various things. So my advice is get your own RO unit. I have a 4-stage RO/DI Plus from BRS. Trust me, you won't regret it and it can make you oodles of water before needing to change out any of the resin or filters.
Maridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi folks, sorry I got a new phone so my app wasn't installed. Didn't realize so many people had responded. RO water is pH neutral right? I've been told that when you make your salt water, with instant ocean sea salt in my case, it gets the pH where it needs to be. Also, what's the difference between RO water Rodi water? I've seen regular RO water but not Rodi. I realize it stands for deionized but I'm just wondering why having Rodi vs RO is important. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

AZdogpatch06 is offline   Reply With Quote

algae, brown, brown algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com