Brown Scum On Just About EEverything-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaymz69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yeah Theres This Brown Scum Like Stuff On My Live Rock, Sand, Glass, Shells Everything..Is This A Good Thing Or Bad Should I Just Leave It Alone Or What :?: .

Does it grow back everday? I think it is like the algae I have. It is there everday. It is taken over the hair algae ever. It is everywhere. I was told it is because of my tank being new.

tank is new, just about a week old today i guess. i havent cleaned any of it off, not knowing what it was but it grows noticibly in about a half of a day...will this go away and coral begin to grow..the run down please

the water is tap water mixed with Kent Sea Salt...all the levels are perfect and the water is crystal clear....all i have in it right now is a few blue leg hermit crabs

anyway anything would be great, thanks

what do you mean when you ask will coral begin to grow? Coral does not just spontaneously appear. If there was coral on the rock, it may grow, but have you cycled the tank yet? If it is a week old, nothing alive should be in the tank at this point. It should be in the midst of a cycling process. If you do not know what that is, then please read here : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=15

no no i kno what it is i mean in time will things grow off of it, there are alot of things on it already thats not rock i asked my dealer to find some rock with alot of stuff already on it but if i do have any of this mixed up, set it straigt for me please

you might want to do alot of reading here and ask alot of questions here. This site is where i learned everything about my tank. these guys here are very good.

OK first problem I see your using tap water.. Tap water usually has high phosphates and maybe nitrates which can add to algae problems..

I would suggest to go and buy a ro/di unit. Ebay has a good one the seller is filterdirect. Its a 6 stage system 100gpd. if you order it tell them you want the dow 75gpd membrane instead..

Back
Top Bottom