Brown stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dhiy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is a huge pile of little pieces of brown stuff in my sand and was wondering what it is. It looks like poop but I only have a cleaner shrimp and a firefish goby. I also have a cuc I bought from reefcleaners. My tank is 55g. I would appreciate your guys help. The second pic is a close up.

Attachments

• image-2904611878.jpg
    image-2904611878.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image-70612110.jpg
    image-70612110.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 103
I think it is CUC poop. They process the sand thru their simple digestive system and leave behind little tubes of mostly compressed sand.

It is around 2 months old. It might be their poop cuz they r a cylinder shape lol.

In the wild, the sea cucumbers get several feet long and process a lot of sand. Since it doesn't remain inside them very long, they process a lot. Even little ones.

In the wild, the sea cucumbers get several feet long and process a lot of sand. Since it doesn't remain inside them very long, they process a lot. Even little ones.
The droppings don't look like compacted sand to me they look like Tubo Snail...

I think I have like 3-5 turbo snails. And when I said cuc I mean clean up crew. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom