Brown stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402361689.103984.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402361715.913531.jpg
That's today, I clean most of it, about 80-85% yesterday and 8 g water change , did not feed for 2 full days

I do not understand why? Is been only 5 weeks, the cyano only last 2 weeks, also did a wc 4 days ago and is already back

Cyano will stay and continue to return until the nutrient issue it is feeding off of is addressed.
I even have some in my tank in a low flow area. This is from my tank running off of distilled water, rather than ro/di. So, cut back on feeding, use ro/di water, so on just like addressing an algae issue.

I use ro water, I guess going to do weekly water changes for a while, do u run media filtration for nitrate and phosphate? I only have hob refugium and a skimmer

Got a phosban reactor and fill it with 100g of rowa,hopefully is going to help....
My concern is I do not like everything hanging of the tank, anyone use this hob overflow? Are they good?
Thank you

Got a phosban reactor and fill it with 100g of rowa,hopefully is going to help....
My concern is I do not like everything hanging of the tank, anyone use this hob overflow? Are they good?
Thank you

You didn't link an overflow?
The one I plan on getting is a CPR continuous siphon overflow, if that helps.

No, I like the overflow but I hear some bad stuff about the hob overflow, I'll like to hide all my equipment now, because is too much stuff hanging on the tank, was just asking if anyone know about those hob overflow, and planning to built a sump with my old 29 g tank

No, I like the overflow but I hear some bad stuff about the hob overflow, I'll like to hide all my equipment now, because is too much stuff hanging on the tank, was just asking if anyone know about those hob overflow, and planning to built a sump with my old 29 g tank

No... You didn't LINK an overflow for us to see...

Opssss... Sorry, ya definitely a cpr,my LFS only have those one...

Can I use chemi clean or is going to affect stuff in the tank and refugium

It will remove the cyano but will not solve what the cyano is feeding off of. This can lead to the return of the cyano later on or see it crop up as something else, like hair algae.

Ok, I'm going with the weekly WC, is going to take longer but is probably the best way,also have some air algae, should I scrub them of the rock or they will die off?

You can pull it out of the rock and dispose of it during the water change.
The key is removing the nutrients that go into the water, what goes in must come out. Skimming is an assistance to this, but minimally feeding is also key to this as normally most of us overfeed out tanks.

Back
Top Bottom