Bryopsis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

premieraquatics

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm having a serious problem in a 120 gallon reef system. About 3 months ago a patch of bryopsis showed up on a rock. Now it has effectively consumed the tank. The star polyps are powering through it by growing everywhere that the bryopsis isn't. The other corals haven't been so lucky.

As I understand it, the best way to deal with it is to take all of the effected rock out of the tank and scrub it clean before putting it back in and do a massive water change. I'm trying to avoid this. So far I've jacked up the magnesium and thrown in a Scopas tang to try and pick at anything. No success thus far, it just seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The best way to remove Bryopsis is to use Kent Tech-M and raise mag levels to 1500-1600. It will just melt away. Not just any mag supplement as far as I've read. it must be the Kent product.

The best way to remove Bryopsis is to use Kent Tech-M and raise mag levels to 1500-1600. It will just melt away. Not just any mag supplement as far as I've read. it must be the Kent product.

What does magnesium do to bryopsis?

Sent from my LGMS769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You need to use Kent Tech M. Check out my thread it will give you an idea of how long it took to eradicate it in my tank...

Back
Top Bottom