Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nodoubt471
BTA!!!

my BTA split!!!!!!! i am beyond excited!!! it had been looking just terrible for the past few days, and i was thinking, oh no... looks like the end of the line for mr anemone. but today i came home from work and LOW AND BEHOLD: 2 BTA's!!

this is a great christmas present. i feel like a good anemone mother.

should i attempt to feed them today? the original hadnt accepted food for like a week before this incident, so im guessing they are hungry... or should i just leave them alone for a day or so to adjust?

WOOHOO!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think I read somewhere that it takes a couple (3?) weeks before they will eat. It takes that long for a new mouth to form. Congrats on your new addition.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a link to some splitting info.
http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwater...ID-718878.html
HTH
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

!!!Congratulations!!! Now anytime you get tired of having two, I'll take one off your hands, lol. Plus, I'll pay shipping, too. That's really cool 8)
The Coral: zoos, kenya trees, shrooms, leathers, hammer, and star polyps
The Inverts: LT anemone, pistol shrimp, urchins, etc.
The Janitors: nassarius snails, turbos, hermits, several brittle and serpent stars
The Rock: 68# of Keys-12# Base Rock; from LR.com
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey thats way cool, I am hoping mine splits too because a friend of mine is looking for an anemone and I think he'll have greater chances with one thats tank raised. My other friend had hers split and I actually got to see it while it was happening. Very cool to watch!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nodoubt471
yea that would have been awesome too see!! i feel kind of bad for them as they have no mouths and cant eat! i bathed them in some filter feeder invertebrate food i had. thanks for that link Fluff, it was very helpful.

oh and wolf- it is a nano, dont know how many anemones it can handle
Old 12-22-2004, 10:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome!! Mine split a couple of months ago. Only I did not notice it until I acually had two. It is like a Christmas miracle...Welcome the new baby BTA!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
awesome !
I can't keep any alive in my dam tank.. let alone split...
This makes my 4th attempt and he lasted the longest. Ate the most too.. he'd he 2-3 brine shrimp a day ! He was a Rose BTA
Old 12-23-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had the same luck until I bought one from here and acclimated at snail speed.
http://www.drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/...Direction=Next ...had it now for about 6 months or more, doing great.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine split a couple months ago and they didn't have a mouth to eat for 2 to 3 weeks. I now feed them a silver side each once a week and they seems to be flourishing.

Tags
bta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com