BTA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodoubt471

Aquarium Advice Freak
my BTA split!!!!!!! i am beyond excited!!! it had been looking just terrible for the past few days, and i was thinking, oh no... looks like the end of the line for mr anemone. but today i came home from work and LOW AND BEHOLD: 2 BTA's!!

this is a great christmas present. i feel like a good anemone mother.

should i attempt to feed them today? the original hadnt accepted food for like a week before this incident, so im guessing they are hungry... or should i just leave them alone for a day or so to adjust?

WOOHOO!!!

I think I read somewhere that it takes a couple (3?) weeks before they will eat. It takes that long for a new mouth to form. Congrats on your new addition. :multi:

:band: !!!Congratulations!!! :smilecolros: Now anytime you get tired of having two, I'll take one off your hands, lol. Plus, I'll pay shipping, too. :) That's really cool 8)

Hey thats way cool, I am hoping mine splits too because a friend of mine is looking for an anemone and I think he'll have greater chances with one thats tank raised. My other friend had hers split and I actually got to see it while it was happening. Very cool to watch!

yea that would have been awesome too see!! i feel kind of bad for them as they have no mouths and cant eat! i bathed them in some filter feeder invertebrate food i had. thanks for that link Fluff, it was very helpful.

oh and wolf- it is a nano, dont know how many anemones it can handle :wink:

Awesome!! Mine split a couple of months ago. Only I did not notice it until I acually had two. It is like a Christmas miracle...Welcome the new baby BTA!

awesome !
I can't keep any alive in my dam tank.. let alone split...
This makes my 4th attempt and he lasted the longest. Ate the most too.. he'd he 2-3 brine shrimp a day ! He was a Rose BTA

Mine split a couple months ago and they didn't have a mouth to eat for 2 to 3 weeks. I now feed them a silver side each once a week and they seems to be flourishing.

Back
Top Bottom