Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

It would probably take me longer than a week to adjust to a reverse daylight schedule so maybe that's it. My BTA shrivels/expels waste daily and then goes right back to being expanded. I'd say not to worry, but I know how hard it is! When mine shrivels up he looks like he got run over by a mac truck. Next thing you know he's fully expanded again. Mine doesn't contract/expand on light schedule though... but he does like to hide under the rocks sometimes still, especially during lighted hours. If you had a cave for him he may go into it, but with limited options he may just be "hiding" from the light, he doesn't actually look like he's expelling, more like hiding since his bubbles are still inflated and not flat. I bet he's hiding from the light. Can you build him a cave?

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

plenty of cave like nooks in my rocks. and the reversed lighting has been like this since before he was added, and I got him from the shipping crate at the LFS, so he'd been in the dark for close to 24 hours, thus I figured he'd be confused about light schedule and would just adapt to whatever he was put into.

Now that he's taken some zooplankton, I'll try some krill or mysis. I can only get a huge block of frozen silversides, and have nothing else that'd eat em, so that's why I haven't gone that route, yet.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
as a suggestion, buy some fresh shrimp at the grocer..cut into about 4 pieces. Mine prefers hunks of food rather than the blender mush I feed the corals. I feed mine 2-3 times per week.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkore
the reversed lighting has been like this since before he was added, and I got him from the shipping crate at the LFS, so he'd been in the dark for close to 24 hours, thus I figured he'd be confused about light schedule and would just adapt to whatever he was put into.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I thought that's why he was "reversing" his schedule... It was more meant to be a comment on me. Along the lines of could you imagine if you woke up one day and everything was reversed?! LOL. Thankfully our animals are far more adaptable!

I feed mine bits of krill (usually cut in half) when I can get to him to feed him. He hangs out behind/under the rocks so he's frequently hard to get to. Mine's been in the tank for almost 2 months and hasn't really sought out a sunny spot in the tank so it doesn't really surprise me that yours "hides" in that rock from the light. Maybe there's enough ambiant light for his liking during the "unlit" hours of the tank?

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hara, i'll look into whole, fresh, uncooked cocktail shrimp then. wasn't sure if that was a suitable food, but sounds like it is.
so much of SW still makes me feel like a noob.

Tags
anemone, bta, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com