BTA noved behind rock, can I move it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My BTA is behind one of my rocks now and I cant even see it ( any reason why ) Is there any way I can move it without disturbing or hurting it? Also because I cant even get back there to feed it.

It would be best not to try to move it......you could harm the foot and then it's a goner for sure. Anemones go where they want...and it's best just to let them do it. You never know, he may come out to another spot out in the open.

Marc118 said:
Well he is going to die if i cant feed him.

That's not necessarily true. You don't have to feed an anemone. They will get sustenance from your lights as well as food in the system when you feed your tank. Target feeding is helpful but not always necessary. I agree not to try to move it. You could hurt it and chances are, it's just gonna move back anyway. Give it some time.

I just flipped the rock. I have a new clown and it was hosting it behind the rock....well I like to see my fish...so i flipped the whole rock around.

your bta may have moved for a reason. for lighting flow issues or what he likes may not be wise to have your tank mates to YOUR liking because youll end up with an empty tank in the longrun

He is doing great now, much better than he was behind the rock. I think it moved because my shrimp was messing with it that night.

They will move, I have one that goes wandering every now and then. The clown will feed it BTW. I have a large female maroon clown hosting my BTA and she can grab an entire frozen cube in her mouth and will feed the BTA about 3 times a week. The BTA does not always eat, but gets the chance a lot.

If he goes wandering again, just let him be, the clown will feed him, and he will come out if/when he wants to.

Do you think I have too much light? Is that why he is moving behind the rock into a darker area?

Code:
Do you think I have too much light? Is that why he is moving behind the rock into a darker area?[quote]

I would tend to think it could be the lighting or current.  They tend to move to where they are comfortable.

Hmm...it wasnt near much current...

Are there ay anemones that are reef safe and like light.

There are not any anenomes I would consider reef safe. All will sting neighboring corals when/if they decide to go for a walk. All anenomes like light, but the bubble tip seems to be one of the less light demanding species out there, and they also seem to be able to handle less than pristine water conditions.

What kind of lighting are you using and what size tank?

techinically you have enough light, but I have a HUGE bubble tip - even when 'closed' up he is 6 inches arround, and almost foot across when all streched out. Might have a hard time keeping him in a tank that size, they do grow rather large, and will sting anything they bump into on a walk. If yours is small I would think it is ok. I have noticed he does not kill the mushrooms in the tank with him if he wanders real close to them. Zoos got killed, however.

Marc118 said:
Well he is going to die if i cant feed him.

This is definitely not true. I have never target fed mine mine and he is still thriving after 4 years. Between lights and leftovers in tank he will be Ok

It moved back for whatever reason...

abnmojo; Im not sure what you mean by technically having enough light? I think I have more than enough IMO.

Anywho thanks for all the help, I dunno what was up.

Back
Top Bottom