BTA Question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a BTA for about 5 months now, for four of those months she was doing great. Lately on one side her tenticles are shrivling up.... They are getting kinda ugly, the other side is fine, Long beautiful tenticles?? Any reason this would happen??

Some more info would help- type of lighting and wattage, tank size and age, type of filtration, water parameters-ammonia, trite, trate, Ca/Alk. Is there a coral on that side that may be irritating it?

I have a 75 gallon with 2x250 MH 14K Hamilton + 4x65 acintic
Aqua C Urchin Pro
Mag 12 return 1 return on each side

Salinity 1.023
Amm 0
Nit 0
Calc 420
Mag 1600
Alk 4.5
Phos Undetectable
Nitrates 0-5

I have a Yellow Toadstool that is doing awesome
A bubble coral that is soso
Mushrooms groing like crazy
Yellow Tang
NEMO which lives in the BTA
Coral beauty
Royal Grama

Sally lightfoot
Emerald crab
25 turbo snais
6 mexican turbos
35 blue hermits
6 red hermits
2 sand stars

The BTA is on the same rock all by herself very attached and has not moved
Just one side, I feed a silver side every other day, and now the one side is crummy it's a little hard for it to eat, but it still does

Just one side, I feed a silver side every other day,
Not a good idea. W/ the amount of light you have supplemental feedings that frequently are more harmful than anything. Digestion can be taxing on an anemones health. I would cut that out all together, or go to biweekly feedings AT MOST. Also FWIW, my BTA's don't like silversides for some reason. They respond much better to krill. Everything else looks OK.

Back
Top Bottom