BTA Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 90 gallon reef tank. It is relatively new (2 months old). I have some hardy corals like colt coral, mushrooms, gsps, zoas, and things of that nature. I was wondering if I could have a BTA in this tank. I have a one bulb 175 watt 14,000k MH light. I am seriously doubting that I can have one. FYI, I have and area front and center that is high. Would probably be the best place for it, if I got one. I think it is like 2 watts per gallon, but if I place it high enough, will it live? and if so, how often and what should I feed it? I heard silversides were ok. Thanks in advance :) :D

A nem will go where it wants to, can't place them. If your tank is deep I;d probably want a 250w MH on the tank to keep a nem. Plus it's best to wait a longer time before adding one as they require established tanks with pristine water.

I dont see why u cant have one. I have had one in one of my tanks for a while. It is not necessary to have metal hallides to have one. I have one under t5 lighting and it does great

Depending on your t5 lighting fixture and bulbs yours can be more powerful than a MH. :)

I personally wouldnt chance it only because of the depth of the tank. :)

I have one in a little 20 gallon with 2 t5 bulbs 24 watts a piece and not only have the bta's been doing great they have already split once. If you really want one get one. They are awesome. Remember they are going to move around and find the light and current they like best

Back
Top Bottom