BTA wont stay still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a rosy BTA last week and since I added it, it hasn't stopped moving. Shady, bright light an now it's on the sandbed.

Should I leave it be or relocate it back to a rock?

Good luck with your BTA. We've had 2 in the last 2 weeks and both found our powerhead irresistible and ended up in tiny pieces. A nasty clean up process.

Good luck with your BTA. We've had 2 in the last 2 weeks and both found our powerhead irresistible and ended up in tiny pieces. A nasty clean up process.
If you have the koralia get some zip ties and some plastic canvas from the craft store and make a cage type thing on the outside of the power head so they can't get in View topic - Problem with Korallia powerhead-fixed • PlanetCatfish.com
I couldn't find the plastic egg things only the sheets but it is the same basic idea and I found putting the canvas on the outside is a lot easier.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24253

Sniperhank said:
Leave it. It will find the spot where it is happy and stay there. You movr it it will just pack up shop again.

Second that, leave it to find a place to be happy.

PrettyFishies said:
Got a rosy BTA last week and since I added it, it hasn't stopped moving. Shady, bright light an now it's on the sandbed.

Should I leave it be or relocate it back to a rock?

We got a BTA a few months back and it wondered for a while, but then if found a spot it liked and dug itself into the rock and has been there for about a month. If you move him odds are that he will likely move again til he is where he wants to be :)

If you have the koralia get some zip ties and some plastic canvas from the craft store and make a cage type thing on the outside of the power head so they can't get in View topic - Problem with Korallia powerhead-fixed • PlanetCatfish.com
I couldn't find the plastic egg things only the sheets but it is the same basic idea and I found putting the canvas on the outside is a lot easier.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24253

Good idea! Too bad we had to loose two BTA's first. Perhaps we won't swear them off completely now, although it will still be a little while. ;)

Sorry about your nems!!!!! And to the OP, he will find a spot he likes. If he is stupid and goes underneath a rock (happened to my old one) without light, and doesnt move, move him.

Back
Top Bottom