Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

NO3&PO4 are there the algae is consuming it. 3 months is a little young for an anemone as sensitive as they are. The do better in a well established balanced tank. As long as you keep it balanced and have enough light. I would try to lower the nutrients and get rid of the cyano. Might cut back on feeding and maybe invest in a gfo reactor to drop phosphates. Be sure to use RO/DI water.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ya i use ro/di water for sure looking into getting a ro/di unit to. And i know its young but i had a 120gal that was 10years old and i took the water and live rock from that and i put live sand in so though should be good.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ya i might be feeding a lot but its every other day and i have a protein skimmer thats for 200 gal so its keeping it all good and water changes every week. Other coral are doing great and just cleaned tank after that pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130202_111801.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	149258   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130202_112005.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	149259  

Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats good to hear! Being that you are experienced i am sure the nem will do fine! I assumed since the tank was new you were new to saltwater! If you don't mind me asking what dimensions is your 120? I am thinking about upgrading to a 120. How do you like it are they any cons about it?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think the demensions were 6ft by 18in deep and 24in high. It was nice i got it from my aunt and she had it ten years and then i had it for 1 year. Had to go to this 40gal breeder and had them drill the 2in hole in the middle because i plan on setting it up in the middle of a room. The 120 had an overflow and had to have it off the wall 4in didnt really like that. I switched lights to 4 t5hos it had timer on it also went with the odyessea ik there super cheap but only thing i would say is u have to solder bigger capacitors on it and it will work they put way to small of ones on it. I got a diff odyessea 36in without the timer and it has been great i switched light bulbs to ati's and plan on doing it with this one 2 aqua blue specials and 2 blue plus. The tank was great still have it i just didnt want to be doing 30 gal water change every 2 weeks till i get my house done then i will set it up again. Also i love that i had a bigger selection of fish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130202_114829.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	149262  

Tags
anemone, bubble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com