Bubble anemone...what light to use???!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xhilr8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have a small 25gal tank in my room and I was wondering how I should go about meeting the lighting requirements for a pink tipped bubble anemone (I was told they are the hardiest of all anemones).

I have a aluminium light unit with a reflector but the problem is that it can only hold one flurescent light tube. I heard that anemones like actinic lighting...Should I just go for a full actinic lighting (so my tank will be all blue lit) or can I get one of those full spectrum marine white light (like the Hagen Lights) and will that work to keep my anemone alive? Or do you suggest just sticking with a single actinic tube?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Upgrading to MH would prob not be an option for me because of the cost and it would seem like overkill to have such a strong light and spend so much money just for an anemone...I do not intend to keep corals either.

I was told that around 2 watts per gallon is really enough and if you supplement it with feeding 3 times a week as well, they should be fine...any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom