Bubble Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help !! The anenome was added one week ago. Water conditions are excellent. The tank raised clowns have not taken to the anenome. So I called my LPS and told them about feeding the anenome. Up to this point it was looking so awesome and beautiful. So I droped a shrimp pellet in and it immediately closed up like it was frightened. This morning lights still off, it looks like I have never seen it before. Very small a closed up. Is it okay, should I have left it alone, maybe when the lights come on it will perk up ???? Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help !! The anenome was added one week ago. Water conditions are excellent. The tank raised clowns have not taken to the anenome. So I called my LPS and told them about feeding the anenome. Up to this point it was looking so awesome and beautiful. So I droped a shrimp pellet in and it immediately closed up like it was frightened. This morning lights still off, it looks like I have never seen it before. Very small a closed up. Is it okay, should I have left it alone, maybe when the lights come on it will perk up ???? Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

how old is the tank and what type of water are you using. Anemones need excellent water conditions.
When you feed them they close up around the food. You should be feeding it fresh/frozen foods like shrimp, krill, clam pieces.
Not all clowns will host with an anemone and it can take weeks or even months till they do host.
What type of lights do you have. A BTA can live without feedings as long as your lights are bright enough for them.

Your anemone may be expelling waste. They look pretty bad when they are doing that. The anemone may never host the clowns or it may just take a while. No way to predict that. What type of lighting do you have? Can you get a pic?

Anemones will typically not be at their best until the lights come on. They are quite reactive to lighting and will shrink back in it's absence. As far as feedings, BTA's are more in need than any other anemone but caution should be used not to overdo it. A few very small pieces of meaty seafoods a few times a month is plenty, especially since you feed the tank generally for fish.

Wait for the lights to come on and judge the health then.

Cheers
Steve

I just got a bubble tip and it did the same thing last night. after feeding it it deflated, shrunk up and i guess got rid of waste because it had this dark string stuff hanging off of it. this morning it was back to normal with 2 ocellarris clowns sleeping in it :D

Back
Top Bottom