Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
bubble coral

well.. my friend just got a bubble coral from LFS, the corals (bubble and xenia) were fine at the LFS tank. she changed her HOB fitler to cannister filter and then she feed the coral too much at a time so her tank got ammonia 0.25 and nitrates 5.0. xenia won't open up and the bubble coral even worst.
she bring the corals to my tank and ask me to treat them. so, what should i do? i have gave xenia Lugos iodine dip but i didn't do it on the bubble because i know not all stony coral like lugos. what should i do?
the bubble coral keeps spreading out "smoke" or white "powder". what is that? it makes my tank a little froggy now.
what should i do?

leesanhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
She should not be feeding the bubble coral. Most likely it is expelling waste. Mine is as big as a football and I`ve never target fed it. Just put plankton or oyster eggs in water and let it feed itself. Mine is over on left in my avatar. Sometimes we get in trouble by feeding these things. The only thing I target feed is my orange tube corals. Tell your friend to do a couple PWC and get water Quality back to good and let the bubble just feed himself with whatever floats his way. The no.1 way they feed themselves anyway is your light system. Make sure getting plenty of light. As far as the iodine bath, I dont know. I imagine you could, Idont know why not but maybe some advisors can tell us.Have a great day!!
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

bubble, bubble coral, coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com