Bubble coral info and disintegrated pulsing xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, i just purchased a bubble coral today. I just wanted to check on the info i have on them.

This is that you directly feed them about twice a week with liquid food. With the correct flow, water conditions and light as well. I just wanted to check this was ok and if there was a better time in the day to feed it?

I also wanted to ask a different question. This is about my pulsing Xenia. It is already too late to do anything i just wanted to know what happened to it. One day it was perfectly normally if not better than normal. The next day i noticed it had started to disintegrate. I was worried and immediately did every test i could. All levels where normal. By sods law my lfs wasn't open. By the next day it was all gone. Does anyone have a clue what happened?

Thanks for any responses to either of my questions.

Bubble coral require no feeding, they will get all they need from the light. They can be aggressive so give it some room and low-moderate light and flow

Any chance you have a picture of the Xenia?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a picture before it disintegrated but not during sorry.

Did you check your alkalinity when you tested? Low all has messed things up in my tank and when I got it fixed, everything was so much happier.. I will say that I have heard of Xenia colonies dying off overnight and for seemingly no reason, which is odd to me since they are such a hardy coral.. Good thing they are cheap and grow like weeds though I guess.. Go to a reef club and bum a frag off of someone lol

Sorry accidentally posted it. It is completely gone and it happened over about 2 days.

I did do an alkalinity check and it was 10dkh is that ok?

Really weird though cause I didn't change anything about the tank it just suddenly disintegrated.

Hmm idk then as long as all your other params checked out ok, and 10dkh is good. Like I said, I've heard of whole
Colonies dying for no reason and practically overnight.. May have just been one of those things. I'm assuming everything else in the tank is fine too?

Bubble corals will eat meaty foods. They have pretty large mouths. Check it out at night when the lights go out. Liquid food is about worthless for them IMO. That said, direct feeding is not necessary, but it's fun. I love to watch the lps eat.

As Doug said they have pretty large mouths. Here is mine. He`s going on 15 + years. That being said I have never target fed any of my corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column.

6218-albums4401-picture63144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom