Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-19-2003, 01:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have ours wedged in between rocks, they don't move. I'm not sure about yours but ours has mouths on it, 4 or 5 of them. But ours is an Octobubble, Bryan at Logical reef told us he fed it a whole krill every other night.

From the looks of our octobubble there is no way it can move, it's not an anemone, I can see how it could be confused though. Reefrunner had told me to keep it off the sand it can get sand in it and get infections, we have ours on rocks.

You have a beautiful one there!

From what I read they are found in shady areas, but have no problems with light.

A great book to help you out would be this one Aquarium Corals Selection, Husbandry and Natural History by Eric H. Borneman

Reefrunner had suggested that to me. So I purchased it though AA by using their link on the front page of AA at the bottom to go to Amazon.com I wanted to give them something back for all the help. I'm so glad I did, it helped me know what their location, capitive care, how hardy they are what they eat and so on.

Hope it opened back up for you.

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #12
I have read many books... And found exactly what I was looking for last night... Corals are stationary and Anemones move about... Thats was the exact phrase I was looking for.... He seems to be opening up again slowly but I think he should come around again after his nasty spill... I will say that it is a pretty wierd thing to see him after dark..... no bubbles just tenticles everywhere... I had him wedged in between rocks the best that I could the way the piece of LR is.. I think I have found a more secure area for him but its not where i want him I kinda want to work from one end of the tank to the other with the corals and leave one end open for a carpet in the future...

Thx Again,

BTW I still would like suggestions as to how to better secure this piece of rock somewhere..

bubble, bubble coral, coral, drip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com