Bubble coral spitting white stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few days ago i was lookin at my fish tank and i noticed white stuff spit from my bubble coral, it was only a small amount and lasted for about half a second. a few minuets later it happened again... i saw it happen about 6 times over about half an hour. It was comming from the base of the coral. No changes had recently been made to the tank, coral was healthy and everything. was pretty strange.. hope sum1 can figure this out.:confused:

ThatGuy:D

Could there be a snail, stomatella varia, hiding in there? My stomatellas do that all the time, always seeing little puffs of white form somewhere.

If it was coming from the base of the coral, it wasn't the coral doing it. Did you actually see it coming from the coral skeleton or just in the region of the base? I agree it was likely a snail doing the spawning.

Agree with Lindsay... if it was coming from the actual base, it wasn't the coral. The part below the tissue is more or less dead skeleton on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom