Bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want a bt but dunno if I'm ready any advice from the experts plzz

What lights do you have? What is your tank size and what do you already have in the tank?

60 gallon and bout 7 fish and 10 corals lots of snails and hermits 2 shrimps and a urchin hope this helps

I got a few xenias lots of mushrooms a comet coral a big trumpet coral ( candy cane ) which I love a big toadstool that's all really

Duncans coral too and a larger hammer coral sorry if any names wrong still learning

I think the names are all correct, except for the comet coral. I have never heard of that. I assume you mean 'torch' coral. :)

I am not sure that your tank lights can support a BTA. They need really good lighting, and pristine water conditions. Also, they move around the aquarium with their 'foot', so they could sting/damage some of your corals, too.

Yeah torch my bad shame I really want one but if it won't work no point I am about to buy a new unit with 6 t5 built in so would that help or does it have to be mh coz my girlfriend won't let me hang my mh up coz it looks " ugly" women

If the T5's are of the HO variety then the 6 bulb will be fine for a BTA. I have some BTAs myself and they have done fine under T5HO's. They will move to whatever spot they please though, so be ready to move some corals around so they don't get mowed down.

Yeah that's fine I'd move them but can it sting me and I heard if one dies in the tank it kills everything is this true

They just give off ammonia when they die like fish, so you just need to do some major water changes if one dies I think.

Back
Top Bottom