bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
im lfs has a bubble tip anenome with really big tips and a greyish blue color. It is beautiful. Is this a sign of good heath?

to add to that.

When you touch it does it have a sticky feeling? If not then its stinging cells are not firing and it will be hard/impossible to feed.

Also when they take it off the rock it should make sumkind of movement(prolly contract) if not ure anemone is not robust.

Is it attached to nething in the tank? If not it may have trouble attaching and will have trouble attaching in your tank.

Jacob

"Is the mouth tightly closed?"

I am wondering the indicators if an anemone has a closed or open mouth. How about a Brain coral... would this question pertain, as well?

Learning, learning! =]

Sue

michealprater said:
everything looked good. i was just wondering about the color.

I don't believe that color is a good indicator of a Bubble tips health. I have 2 of them. The first was pure white when I bought it. It's now ivory with brown tips. The second was all brown when I bought it. It's now brown with a green tint and rose colored tips.

Probably the biggest indicator of it's health, is, whether or not it accepts food when offered.

Back
Top Bottom