bubble tip anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you just leave it alone or did you do something to get him out?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Just left him alone and now my black clown is interested, i think hes going to host

That's cool. Here is mine. I don't understand what it's doing lately. At night and in the morning it looks like this or bigger but during the day it is almost completely closed.

image-3481953987.jpg

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wow yours is very bubbly!! Lol mines not that way...

Yes I just wish he would stay that way. I'll take a pic of him tomorrow when he closes. Also wish he would move out of the cave. Looks weird to me the way he is open cause Of the mouth.

22 mine is the same way. Open at night closed throughout the day. Today it actually looked like it was splitting but I'm not sure because it's in a really bad spot so its hard to tell.

Rich42082 said:
22 mine is the same way. Open at night closed throughout the day. Today it actually looked like it was splitting but I'm not sure because it's in a really bad spot so its hard to tell.

I think it is annoying my marron more than me cause he is hosting it. That would be cool if it split. Mine never did it before just over the past week and a half. I almost took him out a few times cause I though he was dieing cause its mouth was wide open.

Rich42082 said:

Any update?

Update on my rose bubble....it's doing pretty good I rearranged some rock and he hasn't moved one inch. He's still in the back of my tank!

Update... Still has not moved and is not opening as much as it was. Still leaving it alone for now. Hoping it moves on its own.

I think it is annoying my marron more than me cause he is hosting it. That would be cool if it split. Mine never did it before just over the past week and a half. I almost took him out a few times cause I though he was dieing cause its mouth was wide open.

It's possible that you clown might be too rough with the anemone. During the daytime, the clown is up and wil be more boisterous and irritating the nem, but at night, the clown settles down and the nem gets a break and then opens. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but it's a theory.

Rutrag said:
It's possible that you clown might be too rough with the anemone. During the daytime, the clown is up and wil be more boisterous and irritating the nem, but at night, the clown settles down and the nem gets a break and then opens. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but it's a theory.

Actually I think that is the case because the maroon has gone back to trying to pair up with my BW clown and never really goes into the nem anymore and the nem open alot better

2 weeks and 2 days with my new nem and it has not moved. I'm not sure if its going to survive because it doesn't look as good as it did the first week. I have not tried to feed it or move it. Should I move all my rocks to try and get to it or give it another week to see what happens?

Keep a eye on it, plenty of nems have been disposed of when they were still fine, maybe move some rock around so you have a better view of it

Man my rose is looking better than when I bought it....I love it! I feed it twice a week and it's doing quite well! Green and reddish color everywhere! It's tentacles are very bubbly at night and long during the day! It's still in the back of the tank though! I want to move him so bad, but I'm scared to try and move it! Someone help me move him! Lol

Well, my nem is still alive somehow. It moved to a spot where it doesn't get any light and is extremely hard to see. I thought it disappeared until I saw it behind my eagle eye zoas. I don't think this nem will survive where it's at right now and I would have to move around all my rock work to get to it. I tried to take a picture of it but the picture comes out all black.

Need some help here. The nem moved and looks like some of its tentacles are deteriorating. Should I try feeding it?
Here are a couple of bad pictures.

image-560848614.jpg

image-3749589932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom