Bubble Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That one is not dimmable.

You don't need a 6 bulb over a 45 gallon... I ran a 4 bulb over my 55 and my BTA thrived. However, I do strongly agree with the Taotronics as I just put one on my 40 breeder, or any LED for that matter. Better light penetration, and much less electricity used too...
Yes, but I believe the 45 is a 3' tank, so the lamps are 39 watts, and the 55 is a 4' tank, so they are 54 watts. The fixture, reflectors, lamps, all matter as well.

I was about to say the same plus it won't be shipped from ShangHai China like that one in the link.

I was about to say the same plus it won't be shipped from ShangHai China like that one in the link.

That's not necessarily true... My Tao got shipped from Shenzhen. Only took 5 days however from order to delivery.

http://bit.ly/W9ue4X

Ah so it is, here is the dimmable one...

Thanks Bectan01 however it states >30cm above the tank. I would need to sit mine on the glass lids. Found a great link in this forum I have started reading tonight. Am up to page 11 of 111 :blink: Hopefully my corals don't die before I get to the end of the link and work out what's best. Have a number of lights on watch with e-bay and have been tempted to click " buy now" so many times to get it over and done with lol...Hang in there corals...new lighting is coming...eventually :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/lighting-your-reef-best-bang-for-your-buck-239661-11.html

Feel like I just skipped to the end of the book and got my answer within post #116 of the other link I referred to from mr_X
".....And to anyone who was questioning whether they could sit one of these Taotronics units on glass, you can. The amount of heat that comes off of them is less than a T5 fixture. Barely warm to the touch. __________________
thanks,
Doug"

Now to shop lol

Just remember setting it on the glass rather than hanging it will limit the area of light coverage. You'd also want to be careful not to burn corals since the light will be much closer than if hung. I'd advise the dismantle unit.

Back
Top Bottom