Bubble tip anemone in a reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have the lighting to support the bta, as everything else in your tank is pretty low light, then it would be fine as long as there is distance between them. I have 2 BTAs in my reef tank. Didn't you just set your tank up recently though? If so, you should wait a min of 6 months before adding one to make sure there aren't any swift changes or parameter swings that would cause the death of the bta and later polluting of your tank. Usually by the time we notice the demise it is already too late most of the time.

Sniperhank said:
If you have the lighting to support the bta, as everything else in your tank is pretty low light, then it would be fine as long as there is distance between them. I have 2 BTAs in my reef tank. Didn't you just set your tank up recently though? If so, you should wait a min of 6 months before adding one to make sure there aren't any swift changes or parameter swings that would cause the death of the bta and later polluting of your tank. Usually by the time we notice the demise it is already too late most of the time.

Yes tank is new. I am just planning my tank out. Getting a list of corals I want and figuring where to place them. It says moderate light so would my t-5's work?

How many bulbs? Individual reflectors?

I had a 4 bulb T5HO from coralife over my 36 when I first started. It wasn't able to provide enough light for a condy I got early on.

yes you MAY be able to keep one under that lighting but you would be at the border of keeping one alive or watching it slowly waste away. You really need MH or good LED to keep one thriving. My 3 are 6-9 inches directly under a 2x250 MH, and have been thriving for 5-6 years. Also keep in mind if they are unhappy with your lighting, they will detach and free float and possibly getting sucked into a power head.

Holygral said:
yes you MAY be able to keep one under that lighting but you would be at the border of keeping one alive or watching it slowly waste away. You really need MH or good LED to keep one thriving. My 3 are 6-9 inches directly under a 2x250 MH, and have been thriving for 5-6 years. Also keep in mind if they are unhappy with your lighting, they will detach and free float and possibly getting sucked into a power head.

That's what I was afraid of. So no Bubble tip then. What about a pearl bubble? Just trying to get an idea of what corals are best. I looked up corals for beginners and moderate light corals and most are mushrooms, leathers, hammer, polyps and zoas. I really want something with a lot of length, color and I want the waving coral look in a few spots but want to stay away from over whelming corals like Kenya corals

I have 2 bubble tips under the same lighting with no problem , and a sebae anemone also .i started tank in may.

This is a 55g from what I've read and I love the coral selection. Are all these possible under ho's?

Attachments

• image-2912315139.jpg
    image-2912315139.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 108
What size tank do you have? I'm partial to a 27 cube that I saw in my local pet supplies plus. Nice size tank, and I bet it'd be awesome with a kessil led pendant hanging over it

uh.oh... said:
What size tank do you have? I'm partial to a 27 cube that I saw in my local pet supplies plus. Nice size tank, and I bet it'd be awesome with a kessil led pendant hanging over it

Me? 66 reef. Its next to a kenya tree and other lps, it never stings them

Back
Top Bottom