Bubble tip anemone question(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuckles23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I have 2 bubble tip anemones, who both are seemingly very healthy. They generally travel around the tank, stopping for days in different areas. One has attatched to the side, and is doing fine. The other has attached to the rock (not live rock). It has slowly crept downward, and the clowns keep shaking and digging him space in the sand, allowing him to basically get under the rock. Will he eventually come out when he gets hungry enough? I only feed them about every 2 weeks, and sometimes they dont take it then, either. This one is about 2 weeks overdue to eat, but otherwise seems to be doing fine.. I know from experience, that the foot will tear very easily, and i THINK it is best to leave them alone, what do the pros think? PART 2: Last couple days, I have noticed my MALE clown, I believe, to be picking up small crabs (zebras and blue legs) and swimming off with them. He does this when they get close to his anemone. Is this normal? never saw this kind of behavior, and while iunteresting to watch, still strange. Thanks for your time......

IME your nem will wander round till it finds a spot that it is happy with i.e lighting and water flow. BTAs like to find a spot where there foot is in a crevice......wherever it settles leave it and feed as required. I feed mine not a regular regime just as and when the figi clown will take anything else to it..........

From what ive heard, they choose a spot where they can tuck in from the light and move toward the light when they like.

Back
Top Bottom