bubble tip anemone with a true pecula clown in a 30g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all,
i'm new here, and to aquariums etc..
i was wondering if i would be able to keep an Amphiprion Percula with a buble tip anemone in a 30g tank, just one fish and one anemone. i've wanted one ever since i was little and used to watch my uncle's all the time, but yes. i was just wondering if that was a good combo or if i should buy a bigger tank (i haven't bought tank fish or anemone yet, i'm making sure i do this exactly right as it's my first try)

oh, and on a side note, i was also wondering if an A.Percula would take to a bubble tip, some sites say they will and others say they won't, any advice?

sarin,

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com I would definitly wait a while on the anenome and you will have to wait a month to add the percula. A 30 gallon will work for just those 2 without any problems i can see except you will need very good lighting for the anenome, and a VERY stable tank. Most people recommend waiting a full year before introducing an anenome...It will benefit the anenome greatly to have a seasoned and established tank. What do you plan on putting in the tank as far as LR and LS?

well, i don't know of any good brand names yet, but i am going to use live rock and live sand, definatly. as i said, i'm just planning it out right now, mainly the costs, etc, and reasearching, i'm not going to actually buy anything until i'm totally ready for it, probably in a month.

Back
Top Bottom