Bubble Tip / H. magnifica question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I think I made a possible bad error in judgement. I saw what I thought was a green BTA yesterday. It was a nice size, very colorful and healthy. The guy and the store and myself, both agreed it was a BTA and was labeled as such in the tank. I got it home and my Maroon clowns immediately started hosting it. The issue then became it no longer appeared to be a BTA, but rather a H. magnifica after doing some research. It seems these guys are very aggressive. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them?

It's aggressive because those things get massive! And they have a powerful sting that can kill coral. All anemones have the potential to harm/kill corals though. Would be risky to have a 1-3 ft anemone moving around. Your call. You could move all your corals away from it.

I'm not so sure now. It seems H. magnifica leaves it's base exposed. This one moved from the top of a rock into a lower hole between two rocks, which H. magnifica apparently does not do. I will try and get some pics. The thing is though, this one is blackish with bright green tips.

I'm not so sure now. It seems H. magnifica leaves it's base exposed. This one moved from the top of a rock into a lower hole between two rocks, which H. magnifica apparently does not do. I will try and get some pics. The thing is though, this one is blackish with bright green tips.

just post a pick to get it id

Cut it in half directly through the mouth and the two halves will close up into new ones. If you search brstv they have a video showing it.

img_2491792_0_13c8e3dcfe12b87be7f09cb529029495.jpg

Back
Top Bottom